- INFORMATION PAGE.
- HOME/MOST RECENT POSTS.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY.
- THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT- A SET OF QUESTIONS TO EVALUATE AN INDIVIDUALS OPINION, AND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS UNIQUE AND HISTORY MAKING LAW.*
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 1-3.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 4-5.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. DESTROYING PLANNED PARENTHOOD- A DESPERATE ACT BY THOSE WHO DON'T CARE? PARTS 1-2.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FORGIVE? PARTS 1-2.
- FEATURE ARTICLES.
- FEATURE ARTICLES II.
- LOGIC: IT'S NOT JUST FOR VULCANS, AND VIEWERS OF T...
- FEATURE ARTICLES. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FOLLOW TH...
- LOGIC. WHY SHOULD WE STUDY LOGIC? PARTS 1-2.
- LOGIC. HOW CAN YOU SPOT A WELL REASONED ARGUMENT, OR AN IRRATIONAL ONE? PARTS 1-3.
- MORE LOGIC ARTICLES.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. THE WORLD OF CRYPTOZOOLOGY. PARTS 1-3.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. AMONG THE MISSING- INTRO., Parts 1-2.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. BERMUDA TRIANGLE. PARTS 1-5.
- CRIME AND PUNISHMENT- ORGANIZED CRIME PARTS 1-5.
- QUICK HITTERS.
- WORTHWHILE OR WORTHLESS- A CONSUMER GUIDE TO AVOID...
- CONSUMER GUIDE.
- WHAT A SHAME- HUMILIATION TELEVISION; IT DOESN'T...
- WHAT A SHAME- A look at the low points in the modern media.
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY ...
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY...
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE HATE CHRONICLES. THE KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE MINDSET, MOTIVATIONS, AND GOALS OF THE FAR RIGHT FANATIC. PARTS 1-2.(ABBREVIATED F.R.F.)
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- INTRODUCTION, AND PART 1.
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE EVIL? PARTS 2-3.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE POLITICS OF PREJUDICE. PARTS 1-4.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 1-5.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 6-8.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 9-1...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. REWARD FOR TH...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND OF THE VANISHING LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS. PARTS 1-6.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON. PARTS 1-4.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON...
- Fiction-, Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. NIGHT IN A ...
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Are you as shocked and disgusted as I am by the images of migrant children being ripped from their parents’ arms along our southern border?
The White House and the Justice Department have hidden behind the law, misapplied the Bible and, as always, blamed Democrats to deflect from the inhumanity of their zero-tolerance policy.
The sad truth is that the President could end this travesty in an instant. But he’d rather use it as leverage to get his idiotic wall funded.
What kind of sick mind views thousands of traumatized kids and broken families as acceptable collateral damage for political gain?
From health care to gun law reform, today’s Republican Party has shown that it is out of step with the wishes of the electorate.
But forcibly separating kids from their parents is a new low.
Here in Virginia we saw how Republicans changed their tune about Medicaid expansion after progressives made stunning gains in November’s election.
It’s one thing to talk tough on immigration. It’s quite another to commit atrocities.
We are better than this,
Finance Chair, Virginia Democratic House Caucus
Chair of Run Everywhere
I celebrated Father’s Day this week with my children. As a father and a Christian, I am grateful everyday for the blessings of my family.
But these past few days have been full of stories of other families and children, daughters and sons separated from their parents at our border.
We are a nation founded on laws. And we must secure this land.
But we are also a nation founded on values. And we must live with integrity, courage, and humanity.
This crisis has been fueled in part by years of congressional inaction. If our Congress can’t come together now and protect young children, what can they do?
And if my opponent, Bob Gibbs, will not even talk about these children, what will he do? Time and again, Bob Gibbs is silent in the face of suffering.
If he is waiting for political cover, he has it. Faith leader Franklin Graham, Former First Lady Laura Bush, Senator Ted Cruz, Governor John Kasich, and Senator Orrin Hatch are just a few members of Gibbs’ own party who have stepped up, stepped forward, and condemned the separation of children from their parents at the border.
But it should not take political cover to do the right thing. Our Congressman should have the wisdom to act.
Courage. Integrity. Humanity. These are the values of the nation I risked my life to defend. I agree with Laura Bush: we must find “a kinder, more compassionate and more moral answer to this current crisis.”
And we must do it now.
Photos from this weekend’s March to Demand Action on Gun Violence. CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE PAT RYAN.
Hi David -- What an amazing weekend. My team and I marched on Saturday with students, parents, teachers, and activists to send a message to our current Representative John Faso, who has taken $45K from the NRA and has been silent on the issue of making our schools, churches, and streets safer. We collected dozens of letters along the way from high school students and activists and delivered them to his office to demand that he take action on the gun violence epidemic we face.
We started at the FDR House in Hyde Park and finished at Rep. Faso’s office in Kingston with truly an amazing turnout. Thanks to Hudson Valley Stands Up, New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, and Karen Smythe for NYS Senate for standing with us!
My parents walked alongside me for the first stretch of the march. My mom is a retired Kingston Elementary School teacher and one of the reasons I hold this issue so close to my heart. Here’s a photo of us on the Walkway Over the Hudson.
I’m inspired by the leadership from students at Hudson Valley Stands Up who came out to march and speak during the middle of their finals week.
Here’s a photo of my incredible wife Rebecca who marched the entire way with me and my team. I’m so lucky to have a partner so driven and dedicated to fighting for a better world. Couldn’t do this without her. Love you Rebecca!
There were some truly powerful signs made my activists at Saturday’s march. Here are a few that made an impact on me:
Here’s a photo of us making our way to Rosendale. Our interns Evan, Eli and Niall marched with us the entire 30 miles. They led walkouts at their high school to demand action on gun violence. I’m so grateful to have these three on our team fighting for change in our community.
A lot of politicians will talk the talk on gun violence, but our campaign is the only one walking the walk. When we reached Faso’s office, we were met with cheers from activists waiting to rally with us. Students from Hudson Valley Stands Up spoke at our rally. You can watch a video of their speeches here.
We’ve reached a moment in our country where we have an opportunity to take action on the issue of gun violence. Over 60% of Americans want to reinstate the Federal assault weapons ban, but our country is lacking leaders with the moral courage to put an end to the violence.
Now just [D-06] from our primary here in NY-19. We’re pushing hard this last week. If you’d like to join in our efforts, reach out. We can’t do this without you.
Thanks and talk soon,
This is big news. Today, the Cook Political Report upgraded our race from “Toss Up” to “Leans Democratic.” It’s hard to overstate just how big of a deal this is. The Cook Report is one of the most highly respected, independent reports predicting elections in the country. While this ratings change is great news, it is no guarantee we will win in November.
Barbara Comstock has a reputation as a ruthless campaigner, and now that we’ve seen this ratings upgrade, we are sure to see mega-donors dumping millions of dollars into this race to keep her in office. We simply cannot let that happen.
We know we ask a lot... Even though the winds are blowing in our favor, this is still going to be one of the toughest races in the country.
The Listening Tour was incredible. As I traveled the district for 24 hours straight, I was able to hear the issues and needs directly from folks in unlikely places. We heard stories of struggle from homeless men and women at a tent city in Howell, from young adults fearing racial discrimination at a diner, and from parents fighting for better safety in schools. This is something Chris Smith hasn’t done in 24 years! Please check-out my 24-hour listening tour on Facebook. For a complete listing of all stops including links to the videos please see below:
Friday June 15th
- 3pm: Voters angry with Smith in Allentown
- 7pm: Live Street Music in Freehold
- 10pm: Parker House in Sea Girt
- 1am: Pizza at GeeGee’s in Manasquan
- 2am: Howell Tent City with Rev. Bringham in Howell
- 5am: Dawn Patrol Surfing at Rumson / Sea Bright Beach
- 7am: Meeting with workers at Lowe’s
- 8am: Red Bank Annual 5k in Red Bank
- 10am: Battle of Monmouth Reenactment in Battlefield State Park in Manalapan
- 12pm: Canvassing in Hamilton from Hamilton HQ
- 1pm: Meet & Greet at Papa’s Tomato Pies in Robbinsville
- 2pm: Final stop and rally speech in Freehold
*The stars above represent all of the stops during the 24 hour listening tour
I am honored and excited to receive the endorsement of IBEW Local 756!
"Steve earned our support with his passion for healthcare, education, and our community. Working families need a friend in Congress they can rely on to put people before profits, and Steve Sevigny is that person." - Dan Hunt, IBEW 756
IBEW Local 756 represents over 300 electrical workers in the Sixth Congressional District and partners with educational institutions in our district to teach the trade.
Working families across the district and the nation need representation that will fight for our values - the right to organize and bargain, for everyone to be paid a living wage and treated with respect, and that believe that healthcare is a right.
With your support, I will fight for those values every day.
I am honored to have this endorsement and excited to see our campaign grow every day.