So why is CRYTOZOOLOGY a PSEUDOSCIENCE? Here are a few reasons:
- Starting with a Conclusion, and working from there.
- The Extensive use of ANECDOTAL TESTIMONY.
- Improper Methodology.
- Financial Incentives that are much Greater if the Legendary/Mythical Creature exists, at least in the mind of Die Hard Believers.
- Taking what little Physical Evidence there is, and not subjecting it to proper Laboratory Analysis by Credible Sources.
- Not using the Scientific Method and, in some cases, rejecting Natural Law all
- Not Understanding the Cultural, Religious or Social Traditions that are the Foundation for many of these Beliefs.
- Counting on "EVIDENCE" that cannot be Properly Verified, Studied or Analyzed.
- Falling into the Logically Invalid Category that says the More Evidence you have, the more likely that your Conclusion is True.
IN SCIENCE, NOT ALL EVIDENCE IS CREATED EQUAL.
These are some of the points about CRYTOZOOLOGY, that will be covered in future posts, in regards to specific subject matter.
Don't get me wrong. I would love to believe that BIGFOOT, SEA MONSTERS, AND GIANT SNAKES/REPTILES etc., ACTUALLY DO EXIST. The World would definitely be a more interesting place, and the Travel Industry would be Booming.
However I, like many others, refuse to toss out COMMON SENSE, THE RULES OF LOGIC, AND THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD, TO SUPPORT A SHARED DELUSION. WANTING SOMETHING TO BE TRUE, IS A POOR SUBSTITUTE FOR REALITY.
LOOK FOR PART 3.
(ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON 11/20/2014)