Now, at this point in the episode, if we are to take everything at face value as being true to life, several disturbing things about this business are made clear;
1) Many of the "Problems" would be apparent to anyone who has a modicum of intelligence.
2) The reasons for failure include just about every aspect of the Day to Day operation. ( Bad Food, Customer Service, Hygiene etc.)
3) The Lack of Training and/or Education, Proper Supervision, Desire to Succeed and Pride in ones appearance and performance is astonishing. This is especially amazing for a business in the "Service Industry."
If all the above are present, and have to be addressed for the business to move forward, my question is this: Why in the world would you want this establishment to continue to operate?
Yes, I know controversy and confrontation boost ratings, but why would anyone want these often borderline criminal sites to continue to prey on the public? Remember the show is promoted as being real and not staged. (Which, as I alluded to earlier in the article, is unlikely.) If the goal is to keep the business open, the following questions must be asked;
- Does anyone think two or three days of screaming and insults, together with a few hours of training from "Experts", will wipe out years of bad habits and carelessness?
- Will a fresh coat of paint and new furnishings turn lazy and indifferent employees into Dynamic Team Players?
- Can classically trained Chefs with years of experience, turn around a Kitchen staff with little training in Basic Meal preparation?
- Will employees suddenly start to care about the proper and safe handling of all food stuffs, and will respond positively to training in this area?
- Do you think incompetent Managers will suddenly gain the necessary people skills to properly supervise other employees?
(Look for PT 6 in a future posting.)