(Stepping away from our Fictional Example again, to answer another question.)
Now some of you may be saying; "I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS JUST LIKE THAT, BUT I'VE SEEN THEM CRY. THEY PLAY AND DOTE ON THEIR CHILDREN, AND THEY SEEM TO BE A REAL ASSET TO THEIR EMPLOYER. SO I GUESS THEY'RE NOT TRUE SOCIOPATHS."
Here is a Partial List of Traits that have been Indicative of THE SOCIOPATH.
(Reprinted from Part 1.)
- Uses others as tools to satisfy individual desires.
- Lacks remorse or empathy for the pain and suffering they cause to others.
- Has a Grandiose, Inflated self-image that makes them feel like they are the center of the universe.
- Enjoys Deceiving and Manipulating people, often for no other reason then a sense of power.
- Positive words such as Dignity, Honor and Duty or negative words such as Cruelty, Prejudice and Suffer are meaningless. They represent concepts foreign to the Sociopath.
So what can you do if someone seems to Possess One, Two, or a Few of the Traits that are ASSOCIATED WITH THE SOCIOPATH, BUT DOES NOT EXHIBIT
OTHER TELL TALE BEHAVIORS.
There are other RECOGNIZED PERSONALITY DISORDERS, THAT OFTEN EXHIBIT SOME OF THE BEHAVIORAL TRAITS OF THE SOCIOPATH.
- EXCESSIVE BELIEF IN YOUR OWN IMPORTANCE.
- COME ACROSS AS EXTREMELY CONCEITED
- A BELIEF THAT YOU DESERVE SPECIAL TREATMENT,
OR REWARDS, JUST BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE, NOT
FOR WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED.
- REACT WITH AN UNREASONABLE DEGREE OF ANGER,
OR VERY CONFRONTATIONAL, IF YOU DO NOT GET WHAT
- DO NOT TAKE CRITICISM WELL, NO MATTER HOW IT IS
OFFERED, OR IN WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES.
- BEHAVIOR OFTEN MASKS FEELINGS OF INFERIORITY,
WHICH ACCOUNTS FOR EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS OF RAGE
AGAINST THOSE WHO CRITICIZE YOU.
As you can see, THE NARCISSIST IS VERY QUICK TO PLAY THE
"VICTIM," AND LIKE THE SOCIOPATH, BELIEVE IN THEIR OWN