David-- "We've got two choices... We either run for office, or we support a sister who is running for office."
That was my challenge on stage one year ago, on a cold winter day in D.C., to hundreds of thousands gathered for the Women's March and the millions more watching online and participating around the world.
It's been 12 months, and over 26,000 women across the country in every single state have accepted the call to run.
Last year wasn't just the start of a wave. It was the beginning of a sea change that could elect thousands of women over the next decade.
...keep the spirit of the Women's March going by supporting... ...Democratic women running for office this year and for years to come.
I walked off the stage last year feeling hopeful for the first time in months.
And that hope grew the next day when a record 500 women joined us for a training on how to get ready to run for office.
And this community — we just kept going. In the last year, we've trained over 2,500 women on how to run for office. We racked up historic wins in Virginia, Georgia, and Washington State. Already this year, we helped Patty Schachtner rack up a 10-point win in a Wisconsin state Senate district that went for Trump by 17 points.
Hope is everywhere: in every woman who tells us she wants to run, every candidate we endorse, every person who volunteers to knock doors or call voters, and in the millions of people in the EMILY's List community who keep fighting every single day.
There is a brighter future on the horizon for us — if we dare to claim it.
Thanks for all you do,
President, EMILY's List
David --Today, I was honored to share the stage with my 12-year-old daughter, Katie, at our local Women’s March.Katie was the youngest speaker there by about a decade, but she was poised and wise and wonderful. She told the audience about her plans to be a Biochemical Engineer and she urged listeners if they wanted to change the future, they should RUN FOR SOMETHING.Katie ended her speech with these words: “If they won’t give you a seat at the table, bring your own folding chair.”I glimpsed the future today and it left me full of hope.Thank you everyone who came out.In service,Ken.David --It’s been one year since Donald Trump took office. Let’s take a moment to look back on what he’s accomplished:He’s tweeted threats of nuclear war. He’s emboldened the worst elements of our society by defending white supremacists and calling entire countries “s**tholes.” He’s threatened to trample the First Amendment by revoking broadcast licenses for networks that criticize him. Division, chaos, and racism have emanated from the White House.Who can we rely on to hold him accountable?Today also marks one year since hundreds of thousands of people mobilized throughout the country in the first-ever Women’s Marches. From Seattle to Washington, D.C., we stood up against the Trump administration to say we will not turn back the clock on progress in America; to say that our diversity makes us stronger.Now we must make sure this message reverberates in the halls of Congress.I’ve spent my career representing working people and fighting for Washington families. I won’t sit on the sidelines as Trump and his enablers in Congress put children’s healthcare at risk, nudge us down the path to war, and enrich corporations and billionaires at our expense.We must take back the House of Representatives in 2018. We must build a grassroots movement today...We must elect someone who will protect our country and our rights.-- Jason
- INFORMATION PAGE.
- HOME/MOST RECENT POSTS.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY.
- THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT- A SET OF QUESTIONS TO EVALUATE AN INDIVIDUALS OPINION, AND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS UNIQUE AND HISTORY MAKING LAW.*
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 1-3.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 4-5.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. DESTROYING PLANNED PARENTHOOD- A DESPERATE ACT BY THOSE WHO DON'T CARE? PARTS 1-2.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FORGIVE? PARTS 1-2.
- FEATURE ARTICLES.
- FEATURE ARTICLES II.
- LOGIC: IT'S NOT JUST FOR VULCANS, AND VIEWERS OF T...
- FEATURE ARTICLES. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FOLLOW TH...
- LOGIC. WHY SHOULD WE STUDY LOGIC? PARTS 1-2.
- LOGIC. HOW CAN YOU SPOT A WELL REASONED ARGUMENT, OR AN IRRATIONAL ONE? PARTS 1-3.
- MORE LOGIC ARTICLES.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. THE WORLD OF CRYPTOZOOLOGY. PARTS 1-3.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. AMONG THE MISSING- INTRO., Parts 1-2.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. BERMUDA TRIANGLE. PARTS 1-5.
- CRIME AND PUNISHMENT- ORGANIZED CRIME PARTS 1-5.
- QUICK HITTERS.
- WORTHWHILE OR WORTHLESS- A CONSUMER GUIDE TO AVOID...
- CONSUMER GUIDE.
- WHAT A SHAME- HUMILIATION TELEVISION; IT DOESN'T...
- WHAT A SHAME- A look at the low points in the modern media.
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY ...
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY...
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE HATE CHRONICLES. THE KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE MINDSET, MOTIVATIONS, AND GOALS OF THE FAR RIGHT FANATIC. PARTS 1-2.(ABBREVIATED F.R.F.)
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- INTRODUCTION, AND PART 1.
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE EVIL? PARTS 2-3.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE POLITICS OF PREJUDICE. PARTS 1-4.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 1-5.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 6-8.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 9-1...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. REWARD FOR TH...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND OF THE VANISHING LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS. PARTS 1-6.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON. PARTS 1-4.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON...
- Fiction-, Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. NIGHT IN A ...