|June 15, 2018|
As your Congressman, I’m committed to ensuring that our seniors have access to the finest resources and services that are available at the local, state and federal levels. Rhode Island seniors deserve the best, and that’s why I hope you will join me at my Woonsocket Senior Resources Fair to be held next week:
Monday, June 18thSeniors, adults with disabilities, and caregivers are all invited to learn about important resources available from the Rhode Island Division of Elderly Affairs, the Social Security Administration, Rhode Island Housing, and more than forty other participating organizations.
Woonsocket Senior Center
84 Social Street
Woonsocket, RI 02895
More information is available on my Facebook page here .
CLOSING THE REVOLVING DOOR
I believe that people should be motivated to run for office because they believe in public service, not because they expect a big payoff when the leave office.
The door allowing Members of Congress to go from public servants to lobbyists has been open for too long. As your congressman, I have been committed to restoring the public’s confidence in government and reducing the influence of special interests in Washington since I took office.
That’s why I was proud to introduce this week legislation for H.R. 6070. This bill would ban Members of Congress from ever working as lobbyists -- finally put an end to the revolving door between Capitol Hill and K Street.
Like all Americans, I was hoping that the President’s meeting with North Korea’s Leader Kim Jong Un this week achieved an agreement that would lead to a safer, more peaceful world for all Americans. Instead, President Trump walked away with a vague deal that delivered a huge propaganda victory for North Korea and for the brutal dictator of the most repressive regime on the planet.
Earlier this week, I listed four objectives that President Trump should have achieved during the summit.
1. Negotiate an agreement that would result in North Korea giving up their nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons programs. One that included strong provisions for weapons inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency to have full access to ensure North Korea’s compliance.
2. A framework for punishing North Korea for its widespread human rights abuses and ultimately bringing them to an end.
3. North Korea continues to pose an urgent and growing threat to our country and across the world in the field of cyberspace. Last year, they used ransomware to attack more than 200,000 computers across 150 countries, causing as much as $4 billion in lost economic activity. If North Korea wants to come in from the cold, they cannot continue these aggressive activities.
4. Finally, an agreement that would not interfere with the United States’ continued support for our regional allies, who face the most immediate threat from North Korean aggression. Our commitment to our allies – South Korea, Japan, and others in the region – must always remain clear and unwavering.
Unfortunately, what we got instead was a deal that honored a bundle of concessions to North Korea and issued an agreement to suspend joint military exercises with South Korea. There were no specific details on denuclearization, nothing was done with regard to the brutal attacks on human rights and there were zero repercussions for the country’s cyber-attacks.
You can also click here to follow my work on Twitter.
Member of Congress
- INFORMATION PAGE.
- HOME/MOST RECENT POSTS.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY.
- THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT- A SET OF QUESTIONS TO EVALUATE AN INDIVIDUALS OPINION, AND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS UNIQUE AND HISTORY MAKING LAW.*
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 1-3.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 4-5.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. DESTROYING PLANNED PARENTHOOD- A DESPERATE ACT BY THOSE WHO DON'T CARE? PARTS 1-2.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FORGIVE? PARTS 1-2.
- FEATURE ARTICLES.
- FEATURE ARTICLES II.
- LOGIC: IT'S NOT JUST FOR VULCANS, AND VIEWERS OF T...
- FEATURE ARTICLES. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FOLLOW TH...
- LOGIC. WHY SHOULD WE STUDY LOGIC? PARTS 1-2.
- LOGIC. HOW CAN YOU SPOT A WELL REASONED ARGUMENT, OR AN IRRATIONAL ONE? PARTS 1-3.
- MORE LOGIC ARTICLES.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. THE WORLD OF CRYPTOZOOLOGY. PARTS 1-3.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. AMONG THE MISSING- INTRO., Parts 1-2.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. BERMUDA TRIANGLE. PARTS 1-5.
- CRIME AND PUNISHMENT- ORGANIZED CRIME PARTS 1-5.
- QUICK HITTERS.
- WORTHWHILE OR WORTHLESS- A CONSUMER GUIDE TO AVOID...
- CONSUMER GUIDE.
- WHAT A SHAME- HUMILIATION TELEVISION; IT DOESN'T...
- WHAT A SHAME- A look at the low points in the modern media.
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY ...
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY...
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE HATE CHRONICLES. THE KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE MINDSET, MOTIVATIONS, AND GOALS OF THE FAR RIGHT FANATIC. PARTS 1-2.(ABBREVIATED F.R.F.)
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- INTRODUCTION, AND PART 1.
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE EVIL? PARTS 2-3.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE POLITICS OF PREJUDICE. PARTS 1-4.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 1-5.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 6-8.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 9-1...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. REWARD FOR TH...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND OF THE VANISHING LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS. PARTS 1-6.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON. PARTS 1-4.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON...
- Fiction-, Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. NIGHT IN A ...