A PROGRESSIVE LEGACY
Over the last Eight Years we have seen Progressive Democrats support
an Economic Policy that included;
- An increase in the Federal Minimum Wage of 7.25/ hr.
Which was opposed, and killed, by Congressional Republicans.
( However, on the State Level, there are examples of Minimum Wage
Guidelines that the Republican Party couldn't stop).
- Expanding the Time Period for receiving Unemployment Benefits, to
Temporarily Relieve Financial Distress associated with Job loss.
- Financial Relief for crippling costs incurred through Higher Education.
- Consumer Laws protecting Americans from predatory practices by
Of course this list does not include the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT,
which resulted in Millions of Americans obtaining Medical Care
Insurance that would not result in Crippling Debt, or a Dramatic
Decrease in Their Quality of Life.
The Republicans, besides attempting to stop all of the above, stuck with
the old "TRICKLE DOWN THEORY" OF ECONOMICS. Lets see what
TAX BREAK INCENTIVES, WHICH ALLOWS THE RICHEST AMERICANS
TO RETAIN MORE OF THEIR WEALTH, WITH THE HOPE THAT THEY WILL
PUMP THAT MONEY BACK INTO THE ECONOMY.
TO RECEIVE THIS INCENTIVE, ARE THEY
- INVEST IN SPECIFIC INDUSTRIES THAT ARE STRUGGLING?- NO.
- FINANCIALLY SUPPORT CORPORATIONS WHO PROVIDE A LIVING
WAGE, OR A MEDICAL PLAN FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES?- NO.
- ONLY SUPPORT AMERICAN BUSINESSES, INSTEAD OF TAKING THE
FINANCIAL WINDFALL OVERSEAS?- NO.
THESE TAX BREAKS ARE BASED ON THE "HOPE" THAT THEY WILL BE USED
TO BENEFIT THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE.
However, don't worry. If these incentives are used unwisely, and the MONEY DISAPPEARS,
ALL IS NOT LOST. CORPORATIONS FORMED ARE PLACED INTO BANKRUPTCY,
MEANING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE FOOTING THE BILL FOR POOR MONEY
MANAGEMENT. AS FOR THE WEALTHY INDIVIDUALS WHO RECEIVED THE
TAX BREAK BENEFITS, AND LOST THE MONEY? THEY WILL JUST DECLARE THESE
LOSSES ON THEIR INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURNS, AND BASICALLY GET IT ALL BACK.
THE REPUBLICANS- WHO ARE THEY FIGHTING FOR AGAIN?