Dear Philosopher or Philosophically-Minded Person,
PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT BORDERS, which is home-based on Patreon, here—
is an open-source, open-minded forum for sharing original philosophy,
produced by critically thoughtful, insightful, reflective people for
other critically thoughtful, insightful, reflective people, with no
restraints on what form the philosophy may take; and with no
restriction by borders or boundaries of any kind, be they restrictions
inherent in schools of thought, educational institutions, states or
national boundaries, or legal or moral systems.
Here’s our blog, AGAINST PROFESSIONAL PHILOSOPHY—
Here are the latest posts on our blog—
Eggs Within Eggs 2.
Eggs Within Eggs 1.
Ghosts of Postmodernism, Past, Present, and Future: Forget PoMo and Go
Thoughts On The Relationship Between Postmodernism And Fascism.
And here are our two journals—
CONTEMPORARY STUDIES IN KANTIAN PHILOSOPHY
PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT BORDERS assumes universal enfranchisement and
emancipation as a goal, so that all people may participate in the
generation and discussion of philosophy. Its only requirement is that
the cultural products shared, whether they may be philosophy in the
strict sense, being the continuation world’s history of philosophy
from all parts, including western and eastern or any other philosophy;
or whether they be other thought provoking cultural products including
conversations, serious or humorous writing, the visual arts, crafts,
multimedia, and future art, so long as they contain real philosophical
By “real philosophical thinking,” we mean thinking that is unhindered
and not self-censored by subservience to any so-called philosophical
authority or canon, aimed at least in some way at generating,
elucidating or commenting on philosophical ideas; and respectful of
the assumed universal enfranchisement and emancipation of all people
and therefore communicating in a spirit of love, peace, and
understanding – not hate, conflict, or vilification.
PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT BORDERS belongs to a radical phase in the
philosophical project that flowered in the period of western culture
which has become known as the Age of Enlightenment, occurring mostly
in Europe during the 18th century. The ideas of the Enlightenment
undermined the authority of the monarchy, church, and state, paving
the way for subsequent emancipatory political revolutions in the cause
of freedom from oppression of any kind. Radically enlightened
philosophers have existed in all cultures and all ages, readily
recognised by their support of unrestricted reason and universal
respect for human dignity as the two primary vehicles for creating
understanding real and imagined worlds, and for disseminating the idea
that disputes and conflicts can be resolved or avoided by means of the
search for logically-guided, evidence-based truth rather than personal
beliefs, creeds, mysticisms, or other oppressive, mind-enslaving
PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT BORDERS is a safe haven for thinkers to explore and
warn against the incursions against radical enlightenment by abuses of
greed, power, control, oppression, obedience, censorship, hate,
derision, bullying, xenophobia, nationalism, feudalism, group-think,
enforced zeitgeists, and other crimes against and limitations of
humanity. PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT BORDERS in this sense can be thought of
Enlightenment Redux, not just a passing phase, but the underlying
principles of all humane activity. Radical enlightenment opposes
oppression by complacency, stupidity, and evil, which persist all
around the world, not only in despotic regimes, but also in supposedly
enlightened ones, mostly as a result of an obsession with
self-interested competition and the possession of coercive power,
rather than on mutual aid and constructive cooperation as the bases
for rational human activity.
Again, PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT BORDERS is home-based on Patreon, here—
Please consider becoming a patron!
- INFORMATION PAGE.
- HOME/MOST RECENT POSTS.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY.
- THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT- A SET OF QUESTIONS TO EVALUATE AN INDIVIDUALS OPINION, AND KNOWLEDGE OF THIS UNIQUE AND HISTORY MAKING LAW.*
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 1-3.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY. HEALTH CARE. PARTS 4-5.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. DESTROYING PLANNED PARENTHOOD- A DESPERATE ACT BY THOSE WHO DON'T CARE? PARTS 1-2.
- ETHICS AND MORALITY- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FORGIVE? PARTS 1-2.
- FEATURE ARTICLES.
- FEATURE ARTICLES II.
- LOGIC: IT'S NOT JUST FOR VULCANS, AND VIEWERS OF T...
- FEATURE ARTICLES. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FOLLOW TH...
- LOGIC. WHY SHOULD WE STUDY LOGIC? PARTS 1-2.
- LOGIC. HOW CAN YOU SPOT A WELL REASONED ARGUMENT, OR AN IRRATIONAL ONE? PARTS 1-3.
- MORE LOGIC ARTICLES.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. THE WORLD OF CRYPTOZOOLOGY. PARTS 1-3.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. AMONG THE MISSING- INTRO., Parts 1-2.
- THE MYSTERIOUS WORLD. BERMUDA TRIANGLE. PARTS 1-5.
- CRIME AND PUNISHMENT- ORGANIZED CRIME PARTS 1-5.
- QUICK HITTERS.
- WORTHWHILE OR WORTHLESS- A CONSUMER GUIDE TO AVOID...
- CONSUMER GUIDE.
- WHAT A SHAME- HUMILIATION TELEVISION; IT DOESN'T...
- WHAT A SHAME- A look at the low points in the modern media.
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY ...
- THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION- SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG. PARTS 5-8.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE HATE CHRONICLES. THE KEYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE MINDSET, MOTIVATIONS, AND GOALS OF THE FAR RIGHT FANATIC. PARTS 1-2.(ABBREVIATED F.R.F.)
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- INTRODUCTION, AND PART 1.
- PORTRAITS OF EVIL- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE EVIL? PARTS 2-3.
- FEATURE ARTICLES. THE POLITICS OF PREJUDICE. PARTS 1-4.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 1-5.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 6-8.
- THE SOCIOPATH- A DANGER ALL AROUND US. PARTS 9-1...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. REWARD FOR TH...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND OF THE VANISHING LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS. PARTS 1-6.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. THE LEGEND ...
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON. PARTS 1-4.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON...
- Fiction-, Stories, Myths, and Legends. THE LESSON. PARTS 8-10.
- Fiction- Stories, Myths and Legends. NIGHT IN A ...